Since the formal raising of the Iron Curtain, there has been much interest in post-socialism and the process of post-socialist transition. This timely book provides a systematic review and analysis of the process of ‘transition’. Herrschel:
- explores recent theories, concepts and debates on post-socialism and the notion of transition
- provides a systematic, topical account of post-socialist transitions around the world, as evidence by social, economic, and political processes
- examines case studies of post-socialist transition in east and Central Europe, the former Soviet Union, Asia and South-East Asia, and Africa and Latin America
- brings together theoretical and practical aspects by examining what lessons can be learned from recent experiences.
Global Geographies of Post-Socialist Transition provides a truly global comparative account of the meaning and processes of post-socialist transition and will be an invaluable resource for all those interested in this area.
- Author(s): T. Herrschel
- Number of pages: 288 pages
- ISBN-10 : 0415321492
- ISBN-13 : 978-0415321495
- Publisher: Routledge; 1st edition (February 20, 2007)
- Language: : English