This classic treatment of linear algebra presents the fundamentals in the clearest possible way, examining basic ideas by means of computational examples and geometrical interpretation. It proceeds from familiar concepts to the unfamiliar, from the concrete to the abstract. Readers consistently praise this outstanding text for its expository style and clarity of presentation.
- The applications version features a wide variety of interesting, contemporary applications.
- Clear, accessible, step-by-step explanations make the material crystal clear.
- Established the intricate thread of relationships between systems of equations, matrices, determinants, vectors, linear transformations and eigenvalues.
The textbook itself I gave a high rating. I wouldn’t bother with this solutions guide. It doesn’t have many more solutions than what is alrady in the textbook. The only difference is that the solutions show you step by step how they were arrived (sometimes, though, only up to a certain point).
Long and short, you probably won’t need this.
- Author(s): Howard Anton, Chris Rorres
- Number of pages : 438 pages
- ISBN-10 : 0471433292
- ISBN-13 : 978-0471433293
- Publisher : John Wiley & Sons; 9th Edition (January 1, 2005)
- Language: : English