Providing students with a solid grounding in the economic analysis of the law, this reader brings together edited versions of diverse and challenging journal articles into a unified collection. Chosen to provoke thought and discussion, these carefully streamlined articles apply economic theories to many aspects of the law, from intellectual property, corporate finance, and contracts to property rights, family law, and criminal law.
- Provides real-life examples and implications of economic theory.
- Creates a unified vision of the law, showing the interconnections between the various fields.
- Covers a broad range of topics, from intellectual property and corporate finance to family and criminal law.
- Encourages intuitive understanding and applications of the economic principles, due to reduced mathematical content.
‘Professor Wittman collects some of the best and most provocative works on law and economics in this one book. An excellent entry point for those who are new to the field, this book is also a terrific resource for those who already know the value of the economic analysis of law. The ideas examined in these pages have power almost everywhere one looks.’ Saul Levmore, University of Chicago Law School
‘Wittman has condensed many of the classic writings in law and economics to their essence. I wager that many more than students will find this useful.’ Aaron Edlin, UC Berkeley School of Law
‘Professor Wittman selects truly seminal pieces and puts them into perspective. The commentaries linking the articles should be illuminating for both students and advanced scholars, and are a true contribution to the literature by themselves. The articles have been shortened intelligently, making them much more accessible and highlighting the core arguments. This collection comes very close to being the perfect introduction to law and economics literature.’ Gerrit De Geest, Utrecht University, Belgium
- Author(s): Wittman D.A. (ed.)
- Number of pages: 356 pages
- ISBN-10 : 9780631231585
- ISBN-13 : 978-0631231585
- Publisher : Wiley-Blackwell; 1st Edition (October 22, 2002)
- Language: : English