- In-depth coverage of modern digital implementations of frequency synthesis architectures
- Numerous design examples drawn from actual engineering projects
- The accompanying CD includes digital frequency synthesis design tools and an electronic version of the book
Digital frequency synthesis is used in modern wireless and communications technologies such as radar, cellular telephony, satellite communications, electronic imaging, and spectroscopy. This is book is a comprehensive overview of digital frequency synthesis theory and applications, with a particular emphasis on the latest approaches using fractional-N phase-locked loop technology. The design tools in the accompany CD allow readers to work through the examples in this book for a realistic simulation of actual design using digital frequency synthesis.
“a comprehensive overview of both DDS architectures and fractional-N frequency synthesizers.” Microwave Journal said this book “is aimed specifically at practical designers and utilizes many intuitive explanations and design examples.” Microwaves & RF magazine
“Bar-Giora Goldberg should need no introduction to readers of this magazine. A frequent contributor to the “Design Features,” Goldberg was one of the founding members of Sciteq (San Diego, CA) where he developed and refined many direct digital synthesizer (DDS) products. His latest book, Digital Frequency Synthesis Demystified, provides a comprehensive view of both DDS architectures and fractional-N frequency synthesizers.
- Author(s) : Bar-Giora Goldberg
- Number of pages: 352 pages
- ISBN-13 : 978-1878707475
- Publisher : Newnes (1999)
- Language: English